Across the country, people are getting invovled.
What opportunities might you have to watch MINDS ON THE EDGE with others and contribute to this valuable national discussion?
Plan a screening/discussion.
- Decide how many people your home can comfortably seat.
- Be sure to invite people with a variety of viewpoints
- Chose one person to be the discussion leader for the event.
- Possible Locations:
- the local library
- community center
- your professional association's office
- place of worship
- college campus
- Format for the event:
- View the full 1-hour program and then separate into smaller groups to discuss.
- Invite a panel to discuss the program following the screening. You might invite the local police chief, an ER doctor, a social worker, the mayor or county executive. Be sure to include some people who live with mental illness to provide their point of view.
- Select portions of the program to screen and have a more intensive discussion about particular issues.
- If there are important resources in your community for individuals and/or families living with mental illness, consider a screening followed by a presentation of these resources.
Download your tools for action here